Assistant Professor Mechanical & Aerospace Engr This position is for a faculty position in Mechanical Engineering, with particular emphasis on faculty with expertise in renewable and clean energy, aerospace, biomechanical engineering, combustion, dynamic systems and controls, or manufacturing. Faculty are expected to be effective educators, advisers, and develop a scholarly, funded research program.
Qualifications• Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline at the time of hire.
• A record of research in the candidate’s respective area.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Potential for excellence in teaching, particularly in employing active learning approaches.
• Potential for excellence in student advising and mentoring.
• Potential to become a recognized scholar in her/his field.
• Potential to establish an externally-funded research program.
• Potential to complement existing research in the Department.
• Potential to fill existing teaching needs in the areas of aerospace, biomechanical engineering, combustion, dynamic systems and controls, manufacturing, and renewable and clean energy.
• Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
• A commitment to breadth of education including educating the whole person in the Marianist tradition.
• Experience teaching and advising persons from diverse backgrounds
Apply for this Position
Please provide a list of contact information for three references in the document, “List of References” Please attach a statement of teaching interests and philosophy and limit each to two pages and scan into one document for upload to “Teaching Philosophy” Please provide your research program plans in the document “Statement of Research” Documents must not exceed 9MB.
List of References
Statement of Research