Associate Dean, College of Education - Administrator III
The Associate Dean of Education is a key member of the Dean's staff and plays an important leadership role in the College.
The Associate Dean represents the College in the absence of the Dean and aids the Dean and the College with developing the vision, goals, plans and activities needed to ensure that academic, curriculum and program services are provided for students interested in pursuing a degree in education (B.A., B.S., MA.Ed, EdS, and EdD) or credential from Sacramento State.
- Possession of an earned doctorate from an accredited institution, preferably in education
or a related field.
- A proven record of teaching, research, scholarship, creative activity, and service such that
the successful candidate will be eligible for a senior faculty appointment at the rank of a
tenured full Professor in a department within the College
- A demonstrated record of successful experience with culturally and linguistically diverse
groups and populations
- The ability to be a strong advocate for the College
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills
Apply for this Position
Review of applications will begin December 13, 2013; position open until filled.
Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs website located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment. External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State. Complete instructions for applying electronically are found at the link labeled "Instructions"
Candidates must include the following attachments with the application:
1) A letter of application
2) Curriculum vitae
3) A statement of teaching and scholarly interests
4) Names, addressess, telephone numbers of at least three references who can speak to
the candidate's professional qualifications