Dean - College Of Engineering And Applied Sciences - Has responsibility for developing a collegial environment and recognizes the importance of consensus building, interdisciplinary collaboration and external funding while defining the College's role in the broader mission of the University.
- Advances the mission of the College and University
- Oversees research, undergraduate and graduate education, enrollment management, academic and strategic planning, and faculty and student development.
- Secures grant and other external funding.
- Pursues collaborations with external partners.
- Responsible for continuing quality improvement of the College's programs and management of the College.
- Works with faculty and staff to provide support for curricular improvement and achievement of a balanced vision for both undergraduate and graduate programs, advancing the profile and position of the college.
- Actively engages in fundraising and development activities to support the vision and mission of the College.
Qualifications- Earned doctorate degree in a related field.
- Record of successful qualifications that warrant rank of tenured full professor.
- Record of excellence in leadership, education, scholarship, and research.
- Professional career activities demonstrating the highest ethical standard.
- Demonstrated commitment to faculty engagement and success.
- Demonstrated ability to form collaborative relationships with faculty in an atmosphere of shared governance.
- Demonstrated commitment to student engagement and success.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Record of administrative experiences in a university or college setting, including management of budgets, personnel, and curriculum.
- Demonstrated ability to foster interdisciplinary, intercollegiate, community and industry partnerships and programs to advance college and university goals.
- Demonstrated fund-raising ability and success in securing external funding and resources.
- Demonstrated record of enhancing the domestic image and reputation of an entity.
- Excellent analytical, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills that are adaptable to a diverse range of audiences.
Employer: New Jersey Institute of Technology
Apply for this Position
Confidential applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. Candidate screening will begin immediately. For best consideration, applications and nominations should be provided by January 13, 2014. An application should include a letter describing relevant experiences and interest in the position; curriculum vitae and the names of five references with titles, addresses, business telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
You should be logged in to submit this application form.