Associate Vice President Research
In consultation with the VPR and other senior staff, engages in a broad array of activities in support of the development and implementation of strategies and approaches designed to increase the success of faculty and staff in obtaining competitive federal, state, corporate and foundation funding:
* Provides leadership and coordinate efforts for the university-wide research informatics initiative;
* Develops approaches to increase intra- and inter-collegiate research collaborations;
* Facilitates the creation of interdisciplinary, multi-investigator proposals and research teams;
* Interacts with federal, state and local funding agencies (such as Science Foundation Arizona, Flinn Foundation), organizations and other decision makers in promoting the programs and activities of the NAU research enterprise;
* Interacts with faculty to become familiar with the expertise present in various colleges and to help faculty to forge stronger relationships with federal and other funding sources;
* Develops appropriate responses to programmatic needs as identified by internal and external stakeholders;
* Reviews requests for commitments for matching funds and other financial commitments from the VPR and make recommendations;
* Develops and deliver seminars and workshops for faculty and staff investigators on identifying and exploiting funding opportunities to support research and other scholarly activities;
* Initiates and conducts periodic meetings with College Deans, Department Chairs, Associate Deans for Research and Center Directors to discuss strategies for improving the level of engagement of the applicable Faculty;
* Maintains research profiles of faculty to match interests with funding agencies, and respond to funding opportunities, initiatives and inquiries for research expertise.
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
* An earned Ph.D, Sc.D., or equivalent academic research degree from an accredited university.
* Academic credentials and experience sufficient to qualify for appointment as a tenured professor at a top-tier research university.
* Evidence of success in obtaining and maintaining competitive, federal and other extramural funding for research.
* Evidence of expertise in federal level research proposal development.
* Evidence of leadership and administrative experience.
Apply for this Position
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. Application must include an attachment that contains: a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, and contact information from five professional references. Save all items, in the order stated, as a single PDF or Word document.
If you have problems submitting application attachments in the form of a Word or PDF document please contact Melody Bowling at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on line at http://hr.nau.edu or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Affirmative Action Office at 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.