Full Professor, Oceanography Applications will be reviewed beginning January 7, 2014, and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Rhode Island seeks applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the Graduate School of Oceanography, to carry out teaching, research, and graduate student advising and to serve as Director of the Coastal Resources Center. The position will be filled at the Full Professor level. This is a tenure-track, academic year position, with anticipated start date of September 2014.
Teach courses, conduct research, advise graduate students, and provide overall leadership and direction for the URI Coastal Resources Center (CRC).
1) A Ph.D. in oceanography, coastal or marine science or policy, or related field.
2) Demonstrated sustained record of scholarly achievement.
3) Demonstrated excellent record in coastal research and/or management of coastal environments.
4) Demonstrated sustained record of designing, obtaining funding for, and managing major programs in coastal research and/or management in the U.S. and overseas.
5) Demonstrated internationally recognized scholar in coastal science and management as evidenced by publications, awards, professional appointments, and funded projects.
6) Demonstrated management experience in comparable programs and organizations.
Apply for this Position
Please attach the following 3 documents (PDF) to the online Faculty Profile application: 1) Letter of application; 2) Curriculum Vitae to include the names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three references, and 3) a statement of teaching and research interests (one document).
Other relevant material in support of your application may be sent directly to the search chair, David Smith at: email@example.com