Dean, Lyles College Of EngineeringThe Dean is the spokesperson for Engineering and Construction Management on campus and in the region, and will be expected to:
• Strengthen the existing ABET and ACCE accredited academic programs and develop plans for continuous improvement of high-quality baccalaureate and post baccalaureate programs designed to meet the needs of students and the community;
• Inspire collaboration across the campus on instructional and research projects;
• Collaborate with the office of research and sponsored programs to lead the college in expanding research and grant and contract activity;
• Collaborate with advancement and other university leadership to pursue significant private support for the college;
• Collaborate with other deans to advance joint missions;
• Provide leadership in improving student success through innovations that enhance teaching and learning.
Qualifications• An earned doctorate (Ph.D. or equivalent research doctorate) in engineering from an accredited institution;
• An outstanding record of teaching, scholarship, and service commensurate with appointment as professor with tenure in an area of specialization offered by the College or traditionally offered by colleges of engineering;
• A record of academic administrative leadership and experience at the department level, as a director, or above, including management of fiscal and personnel resources, academic program evaluation and review, strategic planning, and programs for student advisement, recruitment, and retention;
• Experience in working within an ethnically, culturally and linguistically diverse organization and community, and a demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of migrant and immigrant student populations;
• Experience in fundraising and/or grant development.
Apply for this Position
Individuals interested in being considered for this position should 1) submit an on-line application and electronically attach the following supporting documents: 2) curriculum vitae, 3) letter of interest which includes a narrative detailing how the candidate fulfills each of the required and preferred items listed under Qualifications, and 4) contact information (names, email addresses and telephone numbers) of five professional references who have current knowledge of the candidate's ability and fitness for the position to be filled. After initial screening for candidates who are to receive further consideration, the search committee will contact a minimum of three references. Candidates will be advised prior to contact of references.