Research, Graduate And Events CoordinatorTERM Assignment:
Carleton University also welcomes applications from continuing employees. If a Continuing employee is the successful candidate, this assignment will be considered a Career Development Assignment, and the successful candidate must obtain a leave of absence from their current and substantive position, where applicable. Permission for such leave must not be unreasonably withheld.
QualificationsThe incumbent must possess the following qualifications:
• The ability to be able to develop a thorough knowledge of current university regulations, structures and processes, including BANNER, the TA Management System and My Research; FAST, and P-Card;
• A thorough knowledge of policies and procedures within FASS;
• Knowledge of all aspects of event planning and execution, including liaison with external suppliers, hotels, etc.;
• Experience in budget management, including account reconciliation;
• Advanced communication skills (written and oral), including the capacity to compose correspondence and compile reports with accuracy and minimal supervision;
• Strong research skills;
• Knowledge of database software required to build and maintain databases, compile reports and prepare statistical tables;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including good judgment and diplomacy, in order to interact effectively with senior administration, faculty, staff, students and the external community;
• Superior analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills;
• The ability to work independently, frequently under tight time constraints, with a high level of reliability and accuracy; and
• A flexible approach to setting work priorities and the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
• Given the confidential nature of this position, tact and discretion are imperative.
• The ability to work in collaboration with other members of the FASS administration team.
Apply for this Position
Internal candidates will be given priority consideration at this time. Please note: Carleton University encourages applications from all qualified candidates.Apply NOW