Associate Dean For Teacher Education
The School of Education at the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC) is seeking an Associate Dean to lead its Teacher Education program that play a critical role in supporting the School’s vision to be a leading urban-serving institution. Candidates will be eligible for a faculty appointment at the level of full or associate professor with tenure, dependent on qualifications. The scholar selected for this position will participate in School efforts to enhance, continuously improve, and study how teachers are prepared, and will join a collaborative and dedicated faculty who emphasize excellence in education at all levels in the context of the School of Education’s commitment to urban schools and healthy urban communities.
QualificationsThe successful candidate should have an earned Ph.D. or education doctorate, hold or be eligible to hold the rank of full or associate professor with tenure, and experience in teaching and leadership. A faculty appointment at the rank of full or associate professor requires that candidates have an established scholarly and professional record in an appropriate field consistent with University promotion and tenure guidelines.
The School seeks a leader who finds the world of teaching practice compelling and is interested in working on professional preparation in this field across subject matter areas and grade levels. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
· Excellence in teaching, research, and service in the area of teacher education.
· A minimum of three years’ successful PK-12 teaching experience in U.S. public schools.
· A minimum of three years’ increasing responsible leadership experience in an academic setting, preferably as a program coordinator, chair or director in a teacher education program.
· Commitment to urban education, diversity, and social justice in alignment with the School’s mission, vision, values and priorities.
· Outstanding listening, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Effectiveness in leading and motivating faculty, staff and students in a collegial shared governance environment.
· Effective fiscal management and budget planning.
· Successful experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties listed above.
Employer: New Jersey Institute of Technology
Apply for this Position
June 24, 2013. Formal review of applications will begin June 24th and continue until the position is filled.
You must combine all application materials (a letter expressing interest in and perspectives on the position, curriculum vita, a writing sample and other supporting materials, as well as contact information of four references) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as your resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Size limit 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
References will not be contacted until advanced stages of screening, and candidates will receive prior notification.
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (855) 524-0002.