Associate Professor Or Professor & Chair, Physician Assistant Studies - Sch Of Health ProfessionsCurriculum and Instruction:
- Provide leadership and direction to departmental faculty on matters of curriculum and instruction.
- Insure that accreditation standards are met and that best educational practices in the field are known and applied by faculty.
- Develop and apply effective mechanisms for course and curriculum improvement, including periodic surveys of graduates.
Faculty Recruitment, Retention and Development:
- Responsible for faculty Recruitment, retention and development conducting searches for qualified faculty, identifying development needs utilizing appropriate school and institutional resources to address.
- Provide for and document regular and useful faculty evaluation and feedback activities.
Department Administration and Development:
- Develop, maintain and implement recruitment strategies that are sufficient to maintain enrollment at or above program capacity.
- Attend to issues influencing faculty, staff and student morale.
- Ensure compliance with institutional and system personnel policies.
- Provide for regular staff evaluation and development.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to enhance public relations through institutional, local, regional and national media reports, through public appearances and through social interaction.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a physician assistant in Texas
- Experience as a faculty member and working as a physician assistant
- Eligible for an appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor level
- Earned MPAS degree or equivalent