Associate Professor AgriculturalApplications are invited for a tenure-track position at the level of Associate Professor within the proposed Boreal Ecosystems Research Institute (BERI) at Grenfell Campus of Memorial University. The successful candidate will contribute to the development of a research agenda and academic programming in support of the Agriculture and Forestry sectors. Emphasis for all candidates will be on research excellence with a normal teaching load of two to three undergraduate courses, such as natural resource economics, environmental economics, ecological economics or core economics courses per academic year. Additionally, the candidate has potential to teach graduate courses in the future.
QualificationsRequirements for this position include:
1) graduate training to the PhD level in relevant areas of agricultural / forest / resource economics; and its sub-specialties including economics of labour and technology in agricultural and forestry secondary processing, economic modeling related to agricultural/forestry regulation and policy, agro-ecosystem management and the economics of land ownership and tenure;
2) a record of significant accomplishments in research, with demonstrated teaching experience;
3) experience in dealing with the private and/or public sector in matters relating to relevant industry sectors; 4) strong leadership and organizational skills with experience in research proposal development and project management;
5) proven ability to garner external funds to support research and train highly qualified personnel;
6) a commitment to work in an interdisciplinary environment. Knowledge of land-use change (especially forestry to agriculture transformations), and other related resource issues would be an asset. A research agenda of relevance to the province of Newfoundland and Labrador would also be of benefit.
The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. in economics/agricultural economics or related areas, and demonstrate a significant contribution (realized or potential) to the field as well as an ability to attract research funding. A record of teaching experience is required.
EmployerSir Wilfred Grenfell College
Apply for this Position
Deadline for applications is Monday, March 3rd, 2014 with the appointment effective July 1, 2014.
A letter of application containing curriculum vitae, a statement of research interests, a teaching dossier, three samples of peer-reviewed publications, and the names and addresses of three references should be sent to:
Associate Vice-President (Academic)
Grenfell Campus, Memorial University of Newfoundland
20 University Drive
Corner Brook, Newfoundland and Labrador
Phone: (709) 637-6231
Fax (709) 637-6218