Ktp Associate - Development Chemist – Surface CoatingsAustin Hayes Limited, based in Yeadon near Leeds (West Yorkshire), has provided contract coating services to the Oil and Gas industry and the MOD for over thirty years. We have a very exciting opportunity for a recent graduate or post-graduate to “fast track” their career by leading a high profile and strategically important project to a successful conclusion.
A Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP), Europe’s largest Graduate recruitment programme, has recently been established between the University of Leeds and Austin Hayes Limited. Driven by the desire to satisfy increasing customer pressures to speed up the coating process this project will focus on developing innovative approaches to achieve this goal whilst maintaining coating integrity and the company reputation for producing high quality coated components.
• Recently graduated with a PhD in a polymer science or surface coatings related discipline and a first degree in Chemistry or a Chemistry related discipline.
• Some experience in coatings formulation, application, evaluation and characterisation would be advantageous.
• Good skills in analysis, data interpretation, report assembly, knowledge communication (oral and written), and experience of publication would be useful
• Excellent IT skills.
• Drive, enthusiasm, self-motivation and the desire to work with accuracy and make a difference in a business environment.
• Capable of working independently as well as part of a team with people from different backgrounds.
• Comfortable working in a factory environment as well as in the laboratory with good communication skills, both internal and external.
• Good time management and the organisational skills to meet deadlines.
• Must be available for an onsite interview at the company premises.
Apply for this Position
Informal enquiries related to this post may be made to Professor Jim Guthrie +44 (0)113 343 2934 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 7 February 2014
Job ref: MAPCH0084
This post is subject to the availability of external funding