Head Of Department (biological, Biomedical And Analytical Sciences)The Faculty of Health and Applied Sciences within UWE is seeking to appoint a Head of Department for Biological, Biomedical and Analytical Sciences. Heads of department will hold key leadership and management roles within the new faculty structures. The main duties include:
• Being the lead manager for academic provision.
• Having shared responsibility for achieving faculty key performance indicators.
• The requirement to work collaboratively in delivering objectives.
QualificationsThis role requires a vast array of knowledge, skills and experience including the following:
• A substantial record of achievement as an academic, covering teaching, research and professional practice in a relevant subject area including relevant professional body registration if appropriate.
• Experience of academic management within an education-based organisation of comparable size and complexity.
• Good leadership skills, including the ability to motivate large and diverse teams in order to achieve a high level of performance.
Please see the further particulars for more information.